Monday, August 6, 2007

Test Results

Happy Monday!

Last time I went to the doctor, he wanted to run a triple screen blood test on me, since Spinabifida runs on the Walker side of the family. The nurse called me on Thursday to let me know that the results are back and that I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis. Well, of course, I freaked out. I did not understand what that meant. Jett had to have his blood work done and if he is a carrier, that is when the doctor will feel the need to be concerned. Both parents must be carriers for it to be a worry. So right now we are just waiting for those test results.

Other than that, things are great. The flutters are getting stronger and stronger. My appetite is coming back and I am continuing to feel great!

Jett and Darren changed my brakes on Saturday. Poor guys did not know what they were getting into. We thought it was just my break pads but after they got those off, they realized that the .. uhh, rotors (?) were messed up. About 8 hours later my truck was running fine. It was pretty comical from Kelli and my angle but.. not so much for them. The good thing is now Jett knows how to do it and it saved us about 300.00 (which I am sure to spend somewhere else). Thank goodness for great friends!!!

Our pool is kind of green so Sidney and I cooled off in her kiddy pool. I do have pictures, I am just not sure if I am brave enough to post them, HA!

We are still shocked about the bridge in Minnesota. Hopefully they can find the missing people and figure out what happened. All of our friends from up there are accounted for!

Hope the week goes smoothly for you guys!

Love
Shauna

No comments: