Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's a BABY!

I am so sorry it has been a while. For some reason, I am not able to access this site at work, and I was used to updating it on my lunch break..

Well, on Wednesday Jett, Krista and I got to meet the baby....sort of. We did get to see the little cutie squirming around in my belly, waving his/her little fist and the sweetest of all, the ultrasound tech had a profile of the baby and we could see the little mouth open and close while baby was drinking!! It was very moving and yes, I did cry a little bit!! We did get some great pictures, I just have to figure out how to scan them.

The baby is healthy and right on track. She checked the spine to make sure everything looked good.. and it was perfect! The heart was beating normally, the kidneys were there, we got to see the feet and toes and arms and hands and nose and brain.. but we did not look at the pee pee HA HA When people ask "what are you having" I just keep responding with "a BABY!". I know that some people are a tad disappointed that we are not finding out, but we just want to be surprised. The doctor helps us keep this decision when he tells us that his favorite births are surprise births, because the moment that he looks up and tells the mom and dad "you have a son or you have a daughter is MAGICAL".. so I hope that everyone understands that Jett and I want that moment, and most likely we will want that moment with each of our future children too. My friend said "if we were supposed to find out what we were having, then God would have put a window in your stomach so you can see"... I also feel the same way about the blood work.. I think with our next baby, I will skip the tests. The results will not change any love or plans we have and there is no need to stress out.

The other thing the doctor told us is that I am actually 10 days or so ahead of what he had predicted. So, Kelli was right on the mark when she told me it was going to be a Christmas baby!! I just am so excited.. while all the other people are opening up their Ipods and Playstations and knitted sweaters, we are going to be meeting our first born child!! AMAZING!!

Well, here is a video that Krista took of the ultrasound. I hope it works and if you have volume, you can turn it up to hear what the ultrasound tech has to say.. just ignore my silly comments..

Love to all!
Shauna and Baby

(You have to use the little play arrow on the bottom of the box, the one in the middle of the screen does not seem to work)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauna and Jett,
The only thing I can say is awesome!!! I am so excited for you both. I am also excited that you are going for the surprise. I did not know with any of mine and it was wonderful. You will never be disappointed in waiting and you will not spend all your pregnancy upset because maybe part of you wanted the other sex. So many people these days think that you have to find out to be prepared, but that is not so. How awesome is it to see and feel that little life inside your belly and know that you are previding life to a precious little baby that will have so much love. we love you Aunt Darlene

MC said...

okay, that was just the coolest thing i've ever seen! i have to say that i love all 4 of my nephews but we knew that 2 of them were boys during the pregnancy and it wasn't nearly as exciting as when my brother burst thru the doors and yelled out "i have a son!" and then three years later when the came thru the doors and told brooks that he had a little brother. still brings tears to my eyes! plus, this way your family can make some extra money by placing bets on the sex (classy, i know...but i made $50 bucks when brooks was born, haha!!!) love you both, can't wait to see you soon!-Mary Claire (Robinson)

Anonymous said...

oh my heavens thanky you shauna for calling tell me to check my email was the most wonderful mail i ever got in my whole life i couldnt hold back my tears and didnt stop till after about the 10th play again!!!and i still just believe your a mom and you know i have wondered bout that for quite a while when you and jett would start having babies i pray quite often for you jett and now baby and more hopefully be the family that makes it through the thick and thin i love you very much precious mom and dad and baby!!!love your dad

Sarah Cheeseman said...

Absolutely unbelievable! I am so excited for you both and hope you continue to stay healthy throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. I am enjoying my new nephew who I saw 2 weeks ago on his 2nd month b-day. Best to you all- everyone is in our thoughts and prayers.

Rob and Sarah Cheeseman

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy for ya'll :) The baby video was really neat, how exciting! Baby Walker will be here before you know it!! Time flies when you're having fun! :)