Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Remembering Josh

Wow, another sad post.. but I also have happy posts coming up, about my sisters graduation.. I just have to make sure that this post is done.

June 1st marks the one year "anniversary" (for lack of a better word) of Josh's death.

Everyone told me that with time, it would get easier, yet it has not... like my cousin Amanda Kenyon told me that someone told her, the pain does not go away, it just dulls... and I guess that is an accurate statement.

I am a facebook junkie.. I posted a note asking all the people who knew and loved Josh to share their favorite memories of him.. I am just going to share those on here. If you have a memory of Josh, please post it in the comment section.

here is what I posted:
"June 1st marks the one year "anniversary" of Josh's passing. 365 days have passed so quickly. I know that the day will be a sad one, and Krista and I really want to try to concentrate on all of the good times. So what we are asking is that everyone send us your favorite "Josh" memory... tag your friends, repost, forward but please tell them to send theirs to Krista and I, either add us as friends on facebook or email them to me shaunawalker01@gmail.com

I have SOOO many memories.. Josh used to do "funny" shows for all of us, with Mikey or the rest of his cousins.. Josh is the one who got me drunk the first time (GO FIGURE). Mo and Josh took me to Allsups to go to the bathroom, drunk as a skunk... sitting on the shelf next to the bread.. I can remember Melissa just laughing at me... on a snow day, he took a bunch of us in his blazer out to the air base and was doing donuts.. Joslyn was scared so Josh rolled down his window (Joslyn was behind him) and did a donut, we all look at her and she was covered in snow.. we used to have gord wars with kyla and adam... cruising with Mo and Derek.. one time some kid called me a bitch (which I probably was), but Josh went and tried to fight him.. of course, if you knew Josh back then, he was a little shrimp, but he was pushing and shoving him and just protecting his sister...him being in my wedding, and everyone teasing him that he "fell into a tackle box" because of all the piercings in his face.. I did not even ask him, but when he walked out in his tux, he had taken everything out and later told me he knew I would want my pictures to be classy.. I remember he used to take out his peircing in his chin and would drink milk and blow it out the hole (like a whale) to make me gag.. GROSS!!! I remember my heart catching when he held my son for the first time.. and I remember thinking "we are going to be ok.. things are going to get back to the way they should be" but I waited too long.

it kills me to think that the last years of his life we let stupid drama come between us.. i miss him EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. and I know you all do too.. I feel so bad for his friends, the ones who he talked to and laughed with, drank with and worked with... he was so lucky to have all of you but you were all lucky to have him as well.. please PLEASE share your memories with us.. we need them to get through this.."

Here are the comments:

John Carey: i truly have to many good times to stop and think of just one!! we hunted and fished on the river al the time so those are the ones that stick out along with wrestling on the trampalin and drinkn beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel: well there are so many the ones that most stick out are ice ice babby, hunting and fishing and just all of us hanging around with each other a nother one is when one of you got to come to lubbock for the summer that was always fun

Kyla: Oh Joshua...gord wars were ALWAYS fun! I use to love to go in that old trailer behind y'alls hous and dig through all that crap, funny shows, and of course, "She's Got the Jack" head banging sessions with our air guitars! Remember all of us squishing into Granny's car for church?!?! But what I like the most now is that everytime I see you and Krista, I see Josh in you. I miss him so much. I love you and can't wait to see you guys...two more weeks!

Darlene:
you all were a crazy bunch, full of life and fun, how can we forget his crazy smirk or those unruley cowlicks. it is so haard to believe its been a year....we will keep you all in prayer.

His very best friend Melissa:Shauna do you remember when Josh and I skipped school to go to Clovis and someone from the school called the cops on us and the cops stopped us heading out of town and tried to make us go back to school.

Granny:The first time Josh came to our house he was just a wee baby. Shauna,you were so proud of your brother you couldn't wait for Granny to hold him, all of 5 min.--then you wanted Momma to hold him so you could sit on my lap, after I was YOUR Granny.
The last time Josh was here it was the middle of May. He and Grandaddy played horse shoes.They finally quit after 6 games, tied 3each. Love you!

Jill Pruitt: Josh and I used to work together in the office at Finney Farms, when Annie Mae had her heart surgery. Most of the time it was boring unless Josh was there keeping me entertained. Josh was always doing something funny. I was also a witness to the gross blowing water out of the chin where he had his peircing. Denzel wouldn't let him wear the ... Read Morepeircing at the store so he broke off a green paper clip and would stick that thru his chin. He used to sneak into Denzel's office when everyone was gone, and get on the internet and watch Joe Cartoon. He was quite the character!

Denae: I have been thinking about you all day as I'm sure lots of others have. Just know there are lots of people who love you and are honoring your brother's memory today. xoxo


Robert Kenyon (wrote two) I remember when we were real little i used to go over to you alls house and play mortal kombat one!! with Josh and go fishing in the ponds by the shop when they were there alot of great times with that man and just know that my love and heart will be with all of you tomarrow and always! I Love and miss you all and hope that you all will stay happy and on course with your lives Josh would have wanted us to be happy......and take a shot of jack or two.. he he he
My God I don't even know where to start there are soooo many good memories of that man, It is really hard to choose just one of them. I remember when he rolled into the fire at the reunion, I think he was laughing more than any of us. I remember us running threw a fence and nearly going of the side of a cliff we all got out so fast trying to pick up the fishing equipment off the road before anybody seen that we tore up there fence. WE laughed about it for a couple days. There was also a time when we went fishing with our dads, God I will never forget this, oue dads got so wasted that night we had to littilary carry them to the trucks and drive them home, We drug them to bed and meet back at the fishing spot, just to make fun of how goofy they were acting. These are just a few among thousands. I could probley write a novel of fun tales that we had together. My heart is with you all on this day of rememberance All my love Robert Kenyon. We love you Josh!!! and can't wait to see you again.

These are just the ones that were sent on facebook..

It goes to show what an amazing guy he was, and how he touched so many lives.. and not a day has gone by that I don't think about him.. Usually on the drive to and from work, when I am by myself, I find myself thinking about him... I miss him..

I will say that all these comments helped Krista and I through the day, but there is one person who is our rock ,and that is Jett. He has so much strength and is able to not only comfort and console me but also Krista.. I really and truly don't know how I got so lucky, but I thank God every day for sending Jett my way.

For all the phone calls/text messages/emails sent to us.. we thank you and we love you.. one day at a time, that is all we can do.

All our love,
Shauna and Krista

1 comment:

Erin Meyers said...

I am so thankful that you guys have come this far and have so much family support! I think about you a lot and love you!
E