Friday, June 19, 2009

Krista and Kelsey's graduation

WOW, can you believe the girls are graduated?
Krista graduated from Baton Rouge Community College and then Kelsey graduated from Calallen High School the following week.

I just can't believe how grown up they are!

Kelsey: It blows my mind to think that you are a high school graduate! It seems like yesterday Jett and I were driving to Corpus so he could introduce me to the family. I walk in to your bedroom and you had spent hours cutting out shapes and making letters to decorate your room for me. I felt so loved and was so glad that we all bonded so very quickly. Over the years, watching you grow up has been so much fun.

I hope you know how special you are to us and how proud we are of you. You are about to start a new chapter, one that most young people start to kind of phase their family out and branch off into the world on their own.. I hope you know that no matter where life takes you, or what decisions you make, this family you are blessed with will ALWAYS love you and support you... never forget that!!! We love you!


Dang Colton looked away :)





Krista: I can still remember you as a tiny little baby, and feeling SO proud when I changed your diaper for the first time.. I remember you riding the pet pig in your diaper, your mouth full of shiny silver teeth.. your bowl hair cut.. I remember how sweet you were, getting ready for church on Sunday's, but SCREAMING if we dared to brush your hair. You wanted to hang out with us so bad.. you always thought we were so cool... :) it was always so fun to go to the elementary and get you and bring you up to the high school with me :) Then there are the boys.. man, you and your crushes were always a constant source of amusement for us haha Remember Cage Kisser??

Then there was that moment, or series of moments when our lives drastically changed. Grandad Cones died, and the events that lead you to come to Lubbock, first with Jett and I and then with Darla.. It was so heartbreaking for me to see your anguish.. I was 20 years old and could not fix it for you, and it killed me to see you hurting, you confused and not understanding... yet you came out of it such an amazing and wonderful, confident young lady. You took what life dealt you and instead of feeling sorry for yourself, instead of using it as a crutch you made the statement to the world that YOU were in control of YOUR life, of YOUR destiny and those around you better watch out!

There have been so many proud moments, so many times my heart has just been filled with excitement and love for your accomplishments.. I think the most special memory I have of all, one that I will cherish for all times, is you sharing in the birth of Colton, you being in that room with Jett and I.. and welcoming our son into our family with us...

I love you and am so very very very proud of you. I know that whatever lies ahead, you will be a success, but most of all, you will be happy!!!!

Love,
Shauna and Jett



So grown up


Our Family





David and Krista


Dar and Krista


Pooped out

No comments: