Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another week down

It has been a rough week on us, as Granny Dana and Pop Pop Ricky went on a mini vacation. Rick is very into old cars, so they went to cruising the coast in Biloxi.. and Colton is not too happy about that.

However, we were lucky enough to have a second sitter fall into our laps. Bob and his wife Karen, and their two children, Chase and Claire moved here from Alabama, and Karen is looking for a job, and offered to keep Colton for us while Granny was out of town. Chase and Claire are the two most well behaved children I have EVER been around! It is so amazing (maybe Karen and Bob will wear off on Jett and I).

I was going through a bunch of old photo's etc in my closet trying to get rid of a ton of crap I don't need, when I came across a birthday card that Josh had given me who knows when.. I think it was probably about 5 or 6 years ago. It was short, but he said how much he loved me and that no matter where life takes us, nothing will change that.. it went on with some other stuff but I just could not believe I was reading it.. I am so thankful that through all the moves I kept it, and I will always keep it.. it just really did my heart good to read that.. of course, it just makes it so much harder to realize I can't call him up and tell him about it.. but we are dealing with it.

Dar and David are coming to New Orleans next week, so we will meet them there.. it will be a lot of fun and I KNOW they are ready to get some loving from Colton.

GUESS WHO MOVED HERE!!!????!!! TONY CARBONE.. yup, it is true.. we met Tony in Minnesota and he and Cyrus worked in MS for a long time, then he went to AZ and now he is here.. I cannot tell you how excited I am!! I have already made it my mission to fatten his skinny butt up!! I am just so happy he is here.

If you have not gone to Sarah's page, go check out the pictures of Eli.. he is so darned cute!!

Here are a couple of Colton:

1 comment:

Sarah Walker said...

Hard to believe that Colton could keep getting cuter!! We miss you guys so much and can't wait for you to meet Eli.

Love, Sarah, Kent and Eli