Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone!! We had a great weekend. On Thursday, Mom, Dad and Kelsey drove up here from the Houston Stock show! They got in and we enjoyed some yummy homemade enchiladas and good company.

Friday morning, Jett had to work so we hung out that morning. Then, we headed to St. Francisville to ride the ferry to meet Jett for lunch in New Roads. I am not a big fan of the ferry, especially since just last week the motor went out and they crashed into a docked ferry.. not something I like to think of. Lunch was good then Jett went back to work and Krista, Kels, Mom, Dad, Colton and I drove came back, got Sid and Kelli and we all went to the zoo. Who knew that Baton Rouge would have such a beautiful zoo? We had a lot of fun and spent about 3 hours walking around the zoo.



Gator (this dude was HUGE and close.. scary)



Hungry Hungry Hippo



Krista, Kelsey and the Giraff's



Sid really liked the playground



The pretty Zebras

When we got back from the Zoo, Jett was home... I finally talked him (with a LOT of help from Dad) into heading to Home Depot to get me my screen door. I want one on both my front doors, but we have to work on the door frame for one.. so, we just got the one for my kitchen done.. but I LOVE IT. I know it is simple but I really love having the doors and window's open. HOwever, if there is no screen door, then flies and mesquitos come in.. no good.. Dad said by the time they get back down here, he will have my front door figured out so that I can get the screen for that! YES!

That night we got mom and dad hooked on the WII!! THat game is FUN and it gives you a good workout! :) Now they are going to go home and get one! Yeah for that.

Saturday we basically just hung out. We grilled burgers for Kelli's bunch and ours. Then we colored Easter eggs with Kel's kiddo's, Brandi from across the street's kiddo's and us. The kids hid the eggs a few times for fun.. only had a few scuffles, then we just came back and hung out. Sunday morning mom and dad and Kels got up early and hit the road.


Colton and his favorite Bumbo chair (and his Easter bunny from MeeMaw and Pawpaw)



MeeMaw and PawPaw and Kels.. DON'T GO!!



I love my MeeMaw



Colton and his bath



Colton's Mohawk ROCKS!

It was a great visit. Every time we see family, it makes us realize how much we want to be closer to home.. it is hard being this far away!!!!!!

We love you guys and hope that your Easter was as happy as ours was!

No comments: