Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving

Dear Friends and Family

First off, I must say, "how bout them Red Raiders????" I am not a huge sports fanatic like Jett, I could care less about most sports, but I just love Texas Tech and I am so glad we beat Oklahoma :)

Ok.. with that said.. back to my posting :)

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my 35 week check up. Can you even believe that in 5 weeks (hopefully just a tad less) we will have this baby here?? I mean, I just can't believe that we will be holding our baby. My excitement can't be expressed by words.

Thinking about all the blessings we have had this past year just brings me to tears, and yes, probably part of that is just the fact that I am an emotional hormonal pregnant woman (Jett and Krista can attest to that).

We had a few (23) of our close friends come over to the house on Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. We did not want to do it on Thanksgiving day, since everyone will be with their family. It was so nice to have everyone over, and if you know me, then you know any excuse for me to cook / bake is cause for great excitement. I made 2 pecan, 2 apple and 1 cherry pie from scratch. I made a whole bag full of mashed potatoes, 72 deviled eggs, 2 loaves of home made bread, rolls, the ham and the turkey (Jett did the last two). Everyone else brought the sides. Krista and Jett set up a volleyball net, which everyone seemed to enjoy.

I think the main thing for me was looking around as we were about to say grace. It really hit me at how much life has changed and will continue to change for us. A little over a year ago, we moved here not knowing anyone. Yesterday we had so many people we almost ran out of space. It was awesome.. and humbling. I have said this many times, but I am always amazed at how we are taken care of!! I love it.

One of the things that I am most thankful for (other than this new baby) is our neighbors Darren, Kelli, Corey and Sid. They have just become our best friends. At any given time during the day, you will find either us at their house or them at ours. I just tear up when I think of how blessed I am to have them in our life. It is so awesome to think that this friendship will be one that will last us through our lives!!!!!! I just love them!!

On another side note, Kent's team, the Roundrock Dragons AND Jeff's team, the Liberty Hill Panthers, are both going to the PLAYOFFS!! WOO HOO. I am sure a majority of the reason is because of Jeff and Kent's amazing coaching skills! I just wish we could be there to watch them!

Roy, Sherry, Kala, Kelsey and Roy Jr are coming to see us!! WOO HOO. They will leave Corpus on Friday!!! I am so excited. I was very sad that we were having to miss Thanksgiving in Corpus.. this is the next best thing!!!!

Krista leaves to go to Lubbock on Tuesday. She will be back on Saturday. I am happy she gets to go home.. it has been a while..

Cyrus is also coming to see me.. if he knows what is good for him... on Thursday.. I am excited about that as well!!

I guess that is it.. this is a random blog, I know.. just can't seem to concentrate!

Oh yeah.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACI!!!!! I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!

Love
shauna, jett and bebe

1 comment:

MC said...

i hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving! my mom said to give you both a big hug, we talked about Bebe walker this weekend. Miss you guys and hope you're feeling A-ok! 4 weeks and counting!