Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Many Many Thanks

It has been 24 days, and we are slowly trying to face each day with hope. Each day is filled with memories, with what if's or why didn't I's... our hearts are still hurting, but we are trying to find some peace...

My Nana told me that Josh's friends were going to the cemetary every day to visit him.. I wish I could go, it is hard being so far away. However, I hope they know, as I do, that he is not there, that is just his resting place.

I take comfort in other things now, when the wind blows, it is Josh telling me hi... when the rain slowly falls, it is Josh letting me know he is here... .I see him in many different aspects, and it comforts my heart.

I feel sad that I have not talked to him yet.. I can't start that conversation, because... well, to be honest, that would be admitting that I am talking to the air and not to his living, breathing body. I will though. I know he knows I am missing him.

Do you ever get that feeling, you know.. when you are down, and sad.. you just get that feeling of "ok, this is going to be ok".. every day, EVERY DAY, when I drive to and from work, I can't help but get sad.. it is my only alone time each day... and I get sad and cry alot.. and it never fails, at some point I feel a peace.. I firmly believe that is one of your prayers for us.. I know that we are so blessed to have so many people who continue to pray for our family, and I just want you to know, that we feel it.. I know that sounds silly to some, but I really REALLY feel that peace.

I know that one day, the sadness will slowly fade.. it won't go away, but it won't be so harsh.. I just ask that you all bear with us.. I know I have not been as good with keeping up with the emails, and I really apologize... I really do appreciate all your friendship.

When I get down, there are a few pictures that I look at to bring me peace. I have yet to upload any pictures of Josh, but I will.. trust me, i will get some on here.. I just have not done it yet.

Here are some that make me smile:













2 comments:

MC said...

love you guys...hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Good words.